Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cupcake Burlap and DecoMesh Wreath


So, this is the wreath that I had made for the Spring / Summer season at work. I am usually asked to make wreaths around different seasons and I had been thinking about a cupcake concept for a while. I was somewhat worried at first, but once I drew it out, I knew how I was going to make it. Sadly, I did not take pictures of it's process, but I would like to make one for September around my boyfriend's and my birthday.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

xx 20 inch box style wreath frame
xx 5.5 inch roll of burlap ribbon
xx 1 roll of 21 inch roll of decomesh ribbon in your choice of color
xx bag of assorted pom pom balls
xx lg fuzzy metallic pom pom balls
xx glitter spiral picks, flowers, or anything else you'd like to include
xx wire ribbon to tie a bow in a corresponding color
xx wire or chinelle stems in corresponding icing colors
xx scissors and wire cutters
xx glue gun

xx first xx on a flat surface, lay out your wreath frame and your decomesh. open your chinelle stems and take a few and cut them into thirds. tie them randomly over about 1/2 of the wreath frame and start tying down about 6 inches of decomesh at a time running back and forth over the same part of the top half of the wreath you are working on.

xx second xx once half of the wreath frame is nice and full like icing and you are happy with how it looks, trim off or secure any of the excess mesh. unroll your burlap ribbon and while laying it over the wreath frame, measure off pieces of it that measure just a little longer than your frame. cut 4-5 of these sections and begin laying them down, tying them, then overlapping them. it should start looking like a plain cupcake at this point.

xx third xx plug in your hot glue gun and once it is ready to glue, get out your pom pom balls of all sizes / colors and place them randomly around your wreath. glue them down when you are happy with the placing of them. these will mimic sprinkles. do the same with any other pompoms you are using. i used a big metallic red one to mimic a cherry on top.

xx fourth xx take any wire picks (check stores around christmas time too for fun looking picks!) and tie their wires through the deco mesh and to the back of the frame. glue if unstable but that is unnecessary.

xx fifth xx take your wire ribbon and tie any kind of bow to your choosing with it around the center. i chose red to bring out the red in the 'cherry'. make sure everything is secure then your wreath is ready to hang and enjoy!

I hope that was easy to understand as I didn't have any pictures of my process this time around. If I do end up making another one, I will be sure to take pictures of do a video tutorial of it. Just study my picture and try to copy it if you need any pointers or leave me a comment! 

No comments :

Post a Comment