Sunday, July 21, 2013

An... Introduction?

Hello all. Call me Melanie or Chuxxo. I've been known by both in my many years here on the internet. I'm not the best with words or blogging as I haven't done it in some time now, but I'm interested in trying my hand at it once more. Here are a few things about me that you're going to find out about me anyway, so I may as well tell you all now.

1. I make a  lot of lists... for everything. It's becoming more of an obsessive habit. I figured since I'm going to be listing this first post, I should at least call myself out on it.

2. I do something creative every day... Seriously, every day. If I had to be on my strange addiction, this would be what it is for. I make jewelry, I draw, I knit, I do it all. I have a half a room which my boyfriend graciously shares with me that is purely crafting supplies. It is the easiest way to vent my pent up creativeness. Everyone should have some sort of skills in life... Crafting is a skill, right?

3. I never want to get married... It's not something I want or ever dreamed of as a child. My boyfriend seems to feel the same way about it. Talk about an ironic way to meet a soul mate.

4. I work at a craft supply store... It was my first job and hopefully will be for a while (I mean it has been, I've been there a little over 5 years). I just mean that I would like to stay there until I find something I love. And by that, I mean that my etsy will take off and I can work from home. Or something like that.

5. If you do not like creepy and/or cute things, this blog is not for you... I do plan on posting relatively normal DIYs and crafting tutorials, but I have always love the occult, which would make you think that pink is my least favorite color (it is...), but I rather enjoy cutesy/ kawaii/ japanese-inspired things.

6. With all my creativeness was born my etsy shop... kind of. It all started with a pair of hairclips. I couldn't find any that I was in love with to wear to a con so I made my own. Then I started making my own everything. I was taking art classes with my education and one hobby grew into another and before you know it, Stylish Smithereens was born. Happy 5th birthday, SS!

I hope that you'll stick by me on this new venture with a blog. I'm thinking that my first post shall be a simple smoothie recipe tomorrow.


BTW, It's purple. My favorite color is purple.

2 comments :

  1. Hi I am a list maker too! And I work on something every day. Ohh a craft supply store - That means you get inside peeks at new products and discounts. Good for you. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind words. Come back and visit my blog anytime!

      Delete