Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Learning A Popular Knitting Pattern

I thought it was time for some content and what better to post then what I am currently working on. So, here we go. This pattern is probably all over the web for free anyway (which is probably where I found it the first time I used it, but have since acquired a booklet with it inside.) It's very easy, great for beginners and makes for a quick, cute gift when included with some shaped soaps.

Basic Dish Cloth Pattern


YARN USED: Lily Sugar n' Cream Tie Dye Stripes # 21114
NEEDLES USED: size 6 straight needles
TIME TAKEN: roughly 3 hours

Start by casting on 4 stitches.
ROW 1: Knit
ROW 2: Knit 2 stitches, yarn over, knit to the end of the row.

Repeat row 2 until there are 50 stitches on your needles.

For the next row you will knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, then knit to the end of the row.
Repeat this step until 4 stitches remain. Bind off and weave in tails. An alternative is to crochet a loop for the wash cloth to hang by.




TA DA! FINISHED PRODUCT!


I'd like to also say that I knitted this whole thing while watching Orange is the New Black and Arrested Development on Netflix. I always enjoy watching mindless, silly shows while knitting.

No comments :

Post a Comment