Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Product Review: Avon Nail Art Design Strips


Today I want to do something different for this blog. I want to do a product review. I see makeup and nail art to be somewhat of an artistic and creative outlet that allows individuals to wear their personalities in a somewhat subtle way when clothing and other outlets have been stifled.

You may be familiar with Avon products as the name has been around since 1886, providing all sorts of things for women and their families. Popular products included perfumes, ANEW brand products and Skin So Soft. Recently, a friend of mine has started to sell Avon products and I am thrilled (my dwindling paycheck is the proof there).

I bought the two nail strip sets you see above and thought tonight that I wanted to spruce up my nails, but didn't like the hassle of being in 'Wet Nail Jail' as I like to call it. I got out my strips, a pair of scissors, and a nail file. I also had pushed back my cuticles prior to application.

These are super simple to use and are essentially stickers but with a super adhesive that makes them last for weeks. There are easy to follow instructions on the back, but having tried Sally Hansen's version of these strips I was familiar with the method. I stuck the sticker that best fit my nail to the base of my nail and rubbed it out towards the top of my nail so not to get wrinkles or bubbles. I then rubbed it down with one of those wooden sticks that are flat-angled  on one end and pushed the sticker down again in all angles. I folded over the excess of strip that was not on my nail then cut it off. Finally, I filed down the small sharp pieces. It was as easy as that. I find that I can get nail strips to last one more week (they are said to last around 2) by coating my nails in a clear top coat of Sally Hansen's Tough as Nails.

My only complaint is not about the product itself but about my nails! My nails are oddly shaped and sometimes the sticker is not wide enough. Stinking genetics...

No comments :

Post a Comment