Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall Lip Colors and Products and Product Reviews



This is going to be one of those sort of 'beauty' posts. I will never go as far as saying that I am a 'beauty guru' or expert but I do like to talk about the products that I purchase, use and products that work for me. This post is about a few of the products I have purchased for fall and my two cents on them.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve (Bath and Body Works)


Based on what the tin recommends that this Rose Salve can be used on, I have been using for sort of a balm. It can be used on lips, elbows, knees, cuticles and chapped skin. It's got a very sweet scent to it and appears clear on the lips. Because it is rose extract, it works to soothe and condition skin.



C.O. Bigelow Lemon Pomegranate Lip Gloss (Bath and Body Works)


This is the second product I have by C.O. Bigelow and I am really pleased with it. It has a very distinctive scent of sweet lemon and tastes somewhat like lemonade. It is also clear in color which means that you can wear it alone or over a lip color. I also love that these products are not tested on animals. Upon visiting their website, I have learned so much about their products, history and process that I am now in love. I may have to come back for Christmas presents.




Dazzlelicious High Sparkle Lip Gloss in Golden Caramel (Bath and Body Works)

I'd go on a limb and say that this is one of my most daring purchases ever. It's got a beautiful pink/ orange tint to it and I wasn't sure how that would match with my skin tone. Luckily, upon application, you do not get a big mess of it and it's easy to put on. At first I thought I would hate it because of it's scent because it does smell like caramel, but it smells a little burnt or something, but the scent actually grew on me because it reminds me so much of autumn. It has a light taste to it as well. It is one of those glosses that feels heavy and sticky, however, but that's my least favorite thing about it.



Plum Dazzle Shine Attract Shimmers Lipstick and Gloss (AVON)



 These lipstick/ gloss combos are one of the most beautiful and beautifully packaged AVON purchases I have ever made. I first got this darker one hoping it would do something for my skin tone and it does. It's not overly colorful and has just enough silver sparkle to it. It's lightweight and non-clumpy. They are also manufactured in four other colors. I also purchased the Sparkling Orchid.



Sparkling Orchid Shine Attract Shimmers Lipstick and Gloss (AVON)



This was the second lipstick gloss that I got from AVON and as you can see it is a brighter pink color and has golden sparkle to it. I almost feel like it is too pink for my complexion but I think it's a good night time product.



And that's all I have for you in this post. I hope you liked this review and will give the websites listed a click so that maybe you can find some fall and maybe winter products for yourself.

No comments :

Post a Comment