Sunday, August 4, 2013

Easy DIY Necklace Storage


I finally organized my necklaces! That may sound like something small to you, but it's something exciting to me (especially as they have spent a lot of their time tangled together in a box). I had been looking at necklace trees and box hangers for months and finally decided on making something myself (surprise, surprise!) because I wasn't in love with anything else I saw. Upon wondering how I would go about doing this in an easy fashion I remembered seeing these 3M command hooks at Hobby Lobby. I bought some and wondered where I was going to use these.


I considered the inside of our bathroom sink cabinet or the linen cabinet in the hallway. Would that be a good spot for them? Then my beautiful armoire spoke to me, and, as you can see, I was already using the knobs on the front to hang things from.


When you open up these doors you can see how the wood dips in and divides. This was perfect. I could put three hooks on each side and use the area where the wood indents to align everything.


I had never used the hook products by 3M but it was really easy and had easy to follow instructions on the back of the package. When you need to remove the hooks you just pull the command strip downward and everything comes off without mess or ruining your wall or in this case armoire.

No comments :

Post a Comment