Friday, August 30, 2013

Easy Brushed Gold Tipped Nail Tutorial

So I thought I would do a nail tutorial for you all since I haven't done anything diy / tutorial like in a while. Here is an easy up-and-coming look that anyone can do. I am seriously seeing this everywhere, but it's very easy so you won't need to take any notes.



Nail Polish/ Varnish Needed:
clear base and top coat (I used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear)
a dark solid base color (I used ORLY's Liquid Vinyl)
a dense glittery top coat (I used Revlon's Gold Coin)


To start, paint a base coat on all of your nails and let dry and follow that up with your dark base color.


You can either clean up the edges now or wait until the completed look. Once your base coat is dry, take your glittery top coat and blot as much as you can OFF of the bush. This is used to get the 'messy' effect of the brushed-tip look.


Roll, dab and blot at the tip of your nails with the little bit of polish left on the bush at that point and do this to every nail.



To finish, bush on a clear top coat to protect your look. Now you have a really cool, edgy nail look that your friends will want to copy.

No comments :

Post a Comment