Sunday, August 18, 2013

Making a Fall Burlap Wreath for Work


Recently at work I was asked to make a Fall wreath for a display at work. Now, I don't have process pictures because I made this at work and I'm not allowed to have my phone on the floor, but I will provide a list and a written process of how I made this beautiful Autumn creation. I believe you can get most of these materials at most craft retailers.

MATERIALS NEEDED:

--`// :: a grapevine wreath
--`// :: floral wire or chenille stems
--`// :: colored burlap (5 inches wide)
--`// :: assorted fall picks (I used grapevine pumpkins, fall leaves, yellow beaded sprays, and burlap sunflowers in yellow, orange and a natural color.)
--`// :: natural colored raffia
--`// :: wreath stand or hanger 
--`// :: hot glue gun

THE PROCESS:

--`// :: First of all, take your colored burlap and cut it in half. Wrap one half of the burlap around what will be the top left "corner" of your wreath. Secure the end of the burlap to what will be the back of the wreath with a small piece of floral wire or a chenille stem. Do the same to the bottom right "corner" of the wreath.
--`// :: Next arrange your floral / fall picks around your wreath in a scattered manner. I started with the leaves, then the sunflowers, the grapevine pumpkins, then finally the yellow beaded sprays. Make sure you leave the bottom right burlap covered area empty.
--`// :: Once all of your picks are where you want them to be, tie in the wire stems to secure the picks that are overlapping into the grapevine wreath and cut the backs of the sunflowers so that they are now flat and secure. Hot glue the sunflowers and anything else that seems insecure.
--`// :: Fashion a bow out of your raffia and slip a piece of floral wire into it so that you can secure it to your wreath.
--`// :: Remove all of your hot glue strings and display!

No comments :

Post a Comment